Friday, March 27, 2015

Two Recent Steel Pieces - SOLD

"Nesting Bird" is a steel table top sculpture that is now in the collection of author Tracy Lamphere in Colchester, Vermont. Tracy and I were old school chums going back to fourth grade. We haven't seen each other in about forty years, but have reacquainted on Facebook. Within ten minutes of posting this piece he inquired about it and in less than hour he decided he needed to have it perched on his writing desk. Tracy has two books, "Vermont Maple" and "The Mill" with a third on the way. The books fall under the thriller and suspense genre. The second piece is a bit of a departure and is a wall mounted piece. "Daphne" measures just under 26" X 8" X 2". The form is an amalgam of a female torso and a wild flower. While suggestive of both is actually neither and therefore an abstraction of the two. I have used both raw and rusted steel to provide contrast and give the steel a more organic quality. "Daphne" is currently available at Gallery on First, Sanford, Fl. or contact me directly. As always shipping is available. Both of these works are now sold.

2 comments:

KV Abbott said...

Both of these works are now sold

KV Abbott said...

Social media has been an amazing thing for me. I was initially reluctant to embrace it and still have concerns such as privacy issues, but I have decided that the positives outweigh the negatives. I the last year I have shipped paintings and sculptures to Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Maine and soon to Michigan and New Mexico, all because of Facebook and this blog. I have also had numerous gallery sales that were the result of local friends and patrons seeing work on-line and then wanting to see in person. Reconnecting with old friends from High school, college or the Army and staying in contact with long established collectors and patrons is enjoyable and apparently very worthwhile. I enjoy you all and appreciate all of the interest in my work. I couldn't do it with out you!