Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Visitation" SOLD $600



This painting has long been a particular favorite of mine. I think it represents a break through of sorts for me. This is abstract expressionism pure and simple. I actually did the painting originally in the late 1990's and put it aside. I later pulled it back out, revisited it, and gave it a new title, "Visitation". The title came to me after visiting my son in prison. The painting is very personal and introspective. I am happy to have it go to a good home and be part of a fantastic and growing art collection.

The image is acrylic on canvas but removed from the stretchers and archivally matted and framed. The piece measures 26" X 26" incl. frame. "Visitation' has been in several group exhibitions and was most recently a part of the Totally Abstract: Non-Objective Invitational at the Timothy McHenry Gallery at the Art Association of Oswego.

No comments: